99% purity L-Cysteine CAS 56-89-3
Property: White powder
Cysteine, one of the 20 natural amino acids, is a non-essential amino acid containing sulfur (like methionine). Animals can be synthesized by methionine and serine. It can alleviate and repair radiation damage to human body. It also has a wide range of detoxification effects in human body, and is a therapeutic drug for acrylonitrile and aromatic acidosis. It helps to break away from alcohol addiction and is necessary for the brain and liver to function; it is necessary for the regeneration of liver cells.
1. Cystine is a crystalline, sulfur-containing amino acid, formed from two molecules of the amino acid cysteine.
2. It can be converted to cysteine by reduction and was discovered in 1810 but was not recognized as a component of proteins until 1899, when it was isolated from animal horn - it is particularly abundant in skeletal and connective tissues, hair and digestive enzymes.
3. L- Cystine helps strengthen the immune system, reduce damage from free-radicals, repair RNA-DNA in the cells and assimilation of vitamin B6. L-Cystine is closely related to the amino acid, L-Cysteine.
4. L-Cystine aids in preventing the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation.
5. It increases L-Glutathione levels in the lungs, liver, kidney and bone marrow.
6. L-Cystine also has an anti-aging effect on the body which can reduce the accumulation of age spots.
L-cysteine is mainly used in medicine, cosmetics, biochemical research and so on. It is used in bread materials to promote the formation of gluten and to promote fermentation, moulding and aging. It is used to treat skin diseases such as eczema, urticaria and freckles.
|Specific rotatory power[α] D20||-215º -225º|
|Ammonium salt[NH4]||≤ 0.02%|
|Residue on ignition||≤ 0.10%|
|Iron salt[Fe]||≤ 10 ppm|
|Heavy metal[Pb]||≤10 ppm|
|Arsenic salt||≤1 ppm|
|Other amino acid||Color layer can not be checked out.|
|Loss on drying||0.20%|