LOLA is a compound salt of Ornithine and Aspartate. The mechanism of its ammonia lowering action has been defined. LOLA provides critical substrates for both urea and glutamine synthesis- the key pathways of ammonia detoxification in the liver. Urea synthesis is carried out in a low affinity, high capacity system that exists largely in the periportal hepatocytes. In these cells, Ornithine serves as an activator of ornithine-carbamoyltransferase and carbamylphosphate-synthetase. In addition, Ornithine itself acts as a substrate for urea genesis. Hence LOLA can activate the periportal urea cycle. Glutamine synthesis is a high affinity, relatively low capacity system located in the perivenous hepatocytes. Ornithine is converted to α -ketoglutarate, and taken up by these perivenous hepatocytes and serves as a carbon source for glutamine synthesis. LOLA also upregulates glutamine synthesis in the skeletal muscle via glutamine synthetase (GS). Recently, in animal models an increased transport of ornithine across the blood brain barrier and an increase in the brain glutamine synthesis after LOLA treatment has been described, and suggests that LOLA may have both centrally (CNS) and peripherally mediated effects. , LOLA has been shown to reduce raised ammonia levels in experimental models of hyper-ammonemia, and in human cirrhotic patients. In patients with cirrhosis,LOLA improves psychometric performance and improves the mental status.
1. It's a kind of nutritional supplement.
2. It can improve the aerobic metabolism of the muscle and greatly enhance muscle strength and endurance from diet alone.
3. It can be used as nutrition enhancer.
4. It's one of the most popular and effective nutritional supplements as well as the indispensable product for bodybuilders.
5. It is also widely used by other athletes, such as football players, basketball players and so on.
2.Raw Material of cosmetic products
3.Heatlh Food Additives
4.Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients(APIs)
5.Raw Material of Fine Chemicals
+7.5° ~ +9.5°
Clear(1g in 20ml H2O)
Loss on Drying
Residue on ignition
Total Plate Count
< 1.0 ppm
< 10 ppm