Food Grade Citrulline MalateAs a supplement, L Citrulline is usually described in the context of the supplement that it compliments, L Arginine. As asupplement the role of L-Citrulline is relatively simple. L Citrulline is meant to be converted into L-Arginine by the body. Theaddition of L Citrulline allows for there to be a greater amount of unabsorbed L-Arginine once this amino acid passes through the digestive system. L Citrulline and L-Arginine work together to create synergy. Citrulline Malate is a compound consisting of Citrulline, a nonessential amino acid that is primarily found in melons, and malate, an apple derivative. Of course to get enough Citrulline and Malate to realize its performance enhancing benefits you would have to eat so many watermelons and apples you would probably get sick, but you see my point. Citrulline Malate has been used with great success by European clinicians who have reported results of increased energy and overall feelings of well-being.
White crystalline powder
Specific Rotation [a] D20°
State of solution
Loss on drying
Residue on ignition
≤ 0.10 %
Chloride (as Cl)
≤ 0.02 %
≤ 0.02 %
Ammonium (as NH4)
≤ 0.02 %
Heavy metals (as Pb)
Iron (as Fe)
Arsenic (as As)
Total Plate Count
Yeast & Molds
1. L-Citrulline Malate is a naturally occurring amino acid. It is found in some foods like watermelons and is also produced
naturally by the body.
2. L-Citrulline Malate is used for Alzheimer's disease, dementia, fatigue, muscle weakness, sickle cell disease, erectile
dysfunction, high blood pressure, and diabetes.
3. L-Citrulline Malate is used for heart disease, body building, increasing energy, and for improving athletic performance
1. Increased Nitric oxide Production
Nitric oxide is the cell-signaling molecule that has a part in regulating blood flow, oxygen delivery, glucose uptake, muscle firepower, and muscle growth. Obviously the ability to control these physiological effects can be of tremendous value to athletes.
2. Reduces Lactic Acid and Ammonia
3. Increases ATP and Phosphocreatine Recovery
No doubt there is a lot to get excited about when it comes to the performance enhancing potential of Citrulline Malate and how it works. Another study showed yet another way Citrulline Malate can benefit athletes - by increasing aerobic energy production.